Conversations with My Mother

So I called, trying to figure out where in godforsaken Texas we are staying, and so it begins:

Me: Hey Mom, what's the address of Uncle Tom's place? Arielle was asking because...

Mom: Oh I know! It's crazy! I can't believe she'll be so close...

Me: Yeah, in Austin.

Mom: No, we're in Cedar Park which is close by but...

Me: No, ARIELLE is staying in Austin...

Mom: Oh oh yes of course. Well how are you? All good? (And this is my mother's way of beginning to end the conversation)

Me: Yeah...

Mom: Well, alright then, I'll let you go. Buh-bye.

Me: No wait, Mother! Tom's address?

Mom: Oh, I don't know it. Love you. (click)



Our conversations might as well be:

Mom: So are you dead?

Me: No

Mom: Raped?

Me: Nope.

Mom: Alright, Sweetheart. I'll send you money later this week. (click)